We have reached the end of a busy first week back in Year 2. Mrs Ross, Mr Gregory and the rest of the Year 2 team could not have been any prouder of how well we have all settled back into life at Newsham Primary.
This week, we have:
- Created class rules
- Applied for, and been given, class jobs
- Got to know our new teachers and classrooms
- Learned our new routines and timetables
- Took part in our initial phonics assessments to help us to choose the correct book level
- Read and studied the book ‘The Robot and the Bluebird’
- Had our first maths lessons which were all about place value
- Enjoyed our first art, PE, computing and geography lessons
As you can see, we have already done so much in a short amount of time but we can’t wait to carry on learning and having fun in our new classes!